Spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TyRee42

TyRee42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I don't know about you, but trying to compare gear flipping back and forth from piece to piece on my iPad isn't very productive.

So for my personal use I've copied the specs of each Weapon and Attachment in to a spreadsheet (other gear to come later).  I decided others on here might be like-minded, looking at you RawDawg, so I shared it via Google Docs.  I'm still exploring the capabilities of Google Docs; I'm much more proficient with Micro$oft products.  But I want to use a platform anyone can access.  Depending on how much time I get away from playing B&C, I plan on having a separate worksheet where I can choose a base weapon, add attachments, and see the final output data before actually buying anything ingame.

Depending on the response of the community, I might be able to work some graphs or other requests.  I'll be giving a select few Edit access to help maintain it from patch to patch.

Mods/Devs -- if this is not kool, just let me know, and I'll remove the public view access, ASAP.

--Tyree4⃣2⃣

Compassion is free, but gives so much.

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Dude THAT is way useful, well done.

I think you should only color the highest value in each item.  Like the BEST accuracy gun vs the WORST...

what about even ratios so you can really compare like accuracy/mobility so you can instantly see what gives you the most opints of accuracy for each point lost of mobility ect...like finding the best statistical deals.

Great Work!

megawhammy

megawhammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCentral New York

Sa-weet! I thought about doing the same thing but haven't gotten around to it! I've been spending all my free time playing B&C :D

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

why would I not be cool with it? 

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

onyxoverlord

onyxoverlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Since I'm not familiar with Google Docs at all, I also decided to go down a spreadsheet route, but with Excel. This contains all the newest values for gear/weapons/attachments, plus a configurator table with contextual formatting based on the M4A1. If my numbers are correct, the configurator table has a pretty impressive initial build.

Take a look here, if you're interested. 

megawhammy

megawhammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Friends of the B&C community. After countless tiresome hours of spreadsheet nonsense I bestow upon thee a spreadsheet to simplify the gun customization process. The link is HERE. However, be warned. First, the spreadsheet is still modifiable as I cannot protect particular cells to keep the formulas used from being edited; so please use/select only the drop boxes in the "workbench" tab. Secondly, there is a known discrepancy with the calculation from my spreadsheet to the actual calculation of attributes in the B&C gun customization area. The devs are aware of the discrepancy and are looking into it. So for the time being use the spreadsheet for more of a guide rather than an actual verbatim gun creation tool.

Now, for a little tutorial... Users want to begin by clicking the above link (duh). When the page opens to GoogleDrive's GoogleSheets you will notice four tabs: First, is the "Weapons" tab where users can view all the weapons and their corresponding attributes in B&C. Second, is the "Attachments" tab where users can view all the gun attachments and their corresponding attributes. Third, is the "Gear" tab where users can view all wearable gear items (helmets, uniforms, and vests) and their attributes. Finally, there is the "Workbench" tab. This is where the magic happens. You will see a table that can be modifiable. PLEASE only modify/change cells in column "B". At the far left of column "B" is a little drop-down menu that will display a list of the current category's items. Select the desired item and you will notice the attribute points auto-populate in the cells to the right. At the bottom of the gun creator are the total attribute points for that gun. (NOTE: This is where the discrepancy is. The devs are looking into B&C to get this balanced. Yet, the spreadsheet still serves its purpose.) Below this is where users can select their desired gear. Attribute points are totaled beneath this as well. And finally, beneath this, are the total attribute points for both the gun and the gear. 

I hope users of the B&C community find this spreadsheet helpful in creating the best set-up for their operators. Users, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take care not to edit any cells in this spreadsheet other than the cells used to "select" weapons, attachments, and gear in the sheet labelled "Workbench". There is no protection set in this document simply because it will only allow users to view and not select (edit) their desired get-up. 

Community members, feel free to contact me with any misinformation in the spreadsheet.

Also, I plan to add more guns, attachments, and gear as more updates are released.

Enjoy!

megawhammy

megawhammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

A small oversight: I forgot that multiple people may access the spreadsheet at any given time, thus creating a headache for those wanting to edit their gun while in GoogleDocs. In that case, its best that users simply save the file as an Excel document and use the spreadsheet offline that way. My bad. Enjoy!

TyRee42

TyRee42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Fantastic MegaWhammy! That's where I was going with my doc, but you've now saved me a bunch of time. Much appreciated!

Now if I could just get it to work better with the iPad google drive app. I've made an offline copy but lost the interactivity.

Thanks!

--Tyree4⃣2⃣

Compassion is free, but gives so much.

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Looks great Mega!  Maybe you should put the Workbench as the first tab, so people see it and start playing with that on right away.  Well done.

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

I've been checking out the spreadsheets to help build weapons and if I understand it right there seems to have been an oversight in the creation process.

For example;

If I have a Recon Rifle @ A 60 M-77 N 10.8 Dam 45 ROF .6 

and add a Specter SU230 which then becomes

A 68 M -77 N 10.8 Dam 45 ROF .6

This would be incorrect as the Recon Rifle already has a Basic Specter sight. the stats would be

A 43 M-47 N10.8 Dam 45 ROF .6

the build process would only work with the stripped down weapons

I don't want to be seen just pulling others work to bits so have created a spreadsheet, but I cannot upload it from home as MACs hate Microsoft macros so will upload to google docs on Monday from work

oojNmOw.jpg

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I would just take off all pre-build guns and stick to the base 8 platforms. Those others are just filler.

megawhammy

megawhammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm curious, has anyone noticed if the pre-built guns have the same base-stats (striped down) as the naked guns? If not then I would invest in buying the pre-built guns, strip them down, then update the spreadsheet accordingly.

ratherbegliding

ratherbegliding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

Yep, pre-built guns have the same base-stats as the naked equivalents.

Kinda makes buying the pre-builts a waste of time.

On the plus side I'm now using the spreadsheet to accurately explore the possibilities......

All good fun!

RBG

Bunny

Bunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

A small oversight: I forgot that multiple people may access the spreadsheet at any given time, thus creating a headache for those wanting to edit their gun while in GoogleDocs. In that case, its best that users simply save the file as an Excel document and use the spreadsheet offline that way. My bad. Enjoy!

An alternative: in the Google Doc go to File > Make a copy ... and it will save a copy to your own Google Drive where you can play with it at will. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users