14 replies to this topic

JDQuench87

JDQuench87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLondonderry - Home of Terrorism since 1969

Think my patience has finally run thin. Moved on to XCOM. All those android heads talking about bomb defusal :( Just a shame that it was iOS that made this game what it is.

44L1o8n.gifiPhone 5 - iOS 7.0.0 Beta 6 Impatiently waiting for "coming soon"

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Yeah,- XCOM, COD Strike Team, ARMA Tactics, Door Knockers on PC\MAC (Space Hulk Coming) suddenly lots of options for the tactical gamer.

I can see it made sense for B&C to use initial influx of cash to develop next stage, Android, which would make more cash, but they should have had a simultaneous release of the expansion for us iOS users.

You ever played XCOM multi, played it on Xbox since it came out, but never bothered with multiplayer.

oojNmOw.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Space Hulk has been out for several weeks on PC. It's okay rather than really good, IMHO.

I get the impression that iOS users were supposed to get the new content at roughly the same time as Android but a combination of iTunes Connect going down plus the weekend means that the update has sat with Apple for three days rather than coming to us.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait and hopefully updates will be truly simultaneous in the future.

It's kind of funny (in a not very funny way) that Android users have to listen to us moan about the wait after weeks and weeks of it being the other way round!

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Space Hulk is coming to iPad soon (next month I think) do you think it's worth getting, based on you playing on PC.

A little bit harmless bitching won't hurt while we are waiting  ;)

oojNmOw.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
The iPad version should be very good if it's essentially the same game as on the PC. (I have different expectations of an iPad game for a couple of quid compared to a PC game costing more than UKP £20).

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I'm excited for Space Hulk, love the 40K universe.  I've been killing time with Arma Tactics, it plays just like XCOM.

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Sorry you feel that iOS isnt having any attention paid to it. It's exactly the opposite. There are completely different development practices between the systems, we're not devoting time to a specific platform like you think ;)

What we are stuck on is iOS and iTunes Connect. There is a submission process that has to take place. With Google, that takes but a couple hours. With Apple, it's days. iTunes Connect has been in and out of service for about a week now. We're unable to get the update out at this time due to that. 

Rest assured, we will have it out just as soon as we get approved! 

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

FERRARI 91

FERRARI 91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationALL OVER

Sorry you feel that iOS isnt having any attention paid to it. It's exactly the opposite. There are completely different development practices between the systems, we're not devoting time to a specific platform like you think ;)

What we are stuck on is iOS and iTunes Connect. There is a submission process that has to take place. With Google, that takes but a couple hours. With Apple, it's days. iTunes Connect has been in and out of service for about a week now. We're unable to get the update out at this time due to that. 

Is it ready for iOS 7 when the os update comes out? Just out of curiosity how long ago did y'all submit the update?
😎 75th Ranger Regiment 😎

Chief

Chief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I think he's suggesting that all the iOS users should go spam the iTunes Connect forums

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who makes a move, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."

- Robert "Paddy" Mayne, British SAS

Bunny

Bunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Well I'm jealous that you even have the option to play X-COM :P

Bomb Disposal is a whole lot of fun, I far prefer it over Terrorist Hunt. Hopefully you iOS folks get the opportunity to play it soon! 

ReconBoy

ReconBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sorry you feel that iOS isnt having any attention paid to it. It's exactly the opposite. There are completely different development practices between the systems, we're not devoting time to a specific platform like you think ;).

I'm thinking it might have something to do with Apple's big reveal tomorrow and maybe the release of iOS 7?

Chief

Chief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Apple has more excuses than the Government

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who makes a move, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."

- Robert "Paddy" Mayne, British SAS

Kuhndog

Kuhndog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC, USA
Lol. Every time I see a little red number on my App Store icon, I get excited. And then I'm let down. Lol.

I can't wait for the update guys :D Keep up the good work. And I might be switching to an Android soon, so maybe I'll be playing bomb defusal faster than I think. :D

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Any word on our MIA friend? No ransom demand received from Apple yet? Maybe they're upset because you're no longer monogamous. :-)

You guys must be getting close to releasing your next patch - will we get a bumper release that brings us bang up to date?

Hman00

Hman00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMichigan
The last 3 days ive had almost 25 app updates. So hopefully its soon? Im running out of random downloads to play :)
🏆Hman00🏆⭐583 Stars⭐
🔥Week 4 Contest Winner🔥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users