• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

OK Praetorian, in AA Report you wanted to hear about things we were looking forward to and ideas for improvements.  Here's my list...of course I'm no designer or coder.  I'm just an avid fan and I LOVE what you've done so far so these are just food for thought.

PERMANENT DEATH
To me this is a must to keep this game fresh and exciting at higher levels.  In it's current state, there are no consequences for poor tactical decisions aside from starting over.  Essentially every mission, regardless of difficulty, is just a training exercise that will repeat if failed.  Training for what?  Well, ideally a real mission in which an operative who is downed and not revved will be removed from the roster.

SQUAD ROSTERS
Having a roster of…say maybe 6-8 operatives to a squad would greatly allow for some play style flexibility and also provide another level of personalization.  It would tie in nicely with perma deaths.

MULTI PLAYER
If you want this thing to take off, you really need to get some MP in there.  You've essentially created a tactical football game where players can plot their moves and then watch how they play out against each other.  You gotta grab hold of this opportunity.  Figure it out.  Make it work. It will take B&C to the next level!  (then also make a football game)

SITUATIONAL WEAPON BALANCE
Right now, Mk18 Mod0 kitted for rapid fire is the obvious choice for clearing all missions regardless of difficulty or squad experience.  We need some kind of balance to make stealth or long range a must for successful missions.  In it's current state, that one gun is really all that you need.

STEALTH OPS MISSIONS
Make some missions where detection will result in severe consequences, like heavily armored reinforcements.  Allow slow stealth play with silent weapons and half speed movement a must to sneak up on tangos.  Maybe if detected they will run for a wall alarm, better have that button covered my another soldier if they make a run for it?  Perhaps we need a Detection or Times Heard metric at the mission end for tracking?

NEW MAPS AND SQUADS
That fan made art with SWAT and an Airport level on Facebook was great, lots of great stuff can be done here.  I can't wait to see what you guys have coming in the future!

IN MISSION STACKING
Lets be able to re-stack at doors in a level for another Breach & Clear.  Maybe some walls can be indicated in a level where a breach charge can blast a hole in it.

WEAPON ORGANIZATION
Basically there are 8 guns and a bunch of pre-builds named.  Loose all the weird named guns and create a menu system similar to grouping apps in iOS.  Touch a base gun and the window opens up with all your builds to choose from.

GUN AND GEAR RESALE
Allow us to clean up the old stuff we don't want to use any more.

PAUSE MOVEMENT
We need an additional layer of movement control like a pause or micro timer at waypoints to help sync up actions in the phase.

Hman00

Hman00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMichigan
I try to be stealthy the best i can. It usually doesn't work but i do keep the heavy suppressors on my guns. And how long did it take you to type that?
🏆Hman00🏆⭐583 Stars⭐
🔥Week 4 Contest Winner🔥

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Everything you've listed would enhance the game and give us more depth - The MK18 issue you've raised is wholly correct, as it stands their is no reason to use another weapon.

oojNmOw.jpg

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

LOL actually it was a bunch of notes Id been writing down as I played since release so more cut n pasting than typing Hman :)

megawhammy

megawhammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCentral New York
I agree with you Raw 2 Dawg 2. Having said that, to be compared to A-list franchises like Rainbow Six and such at this point in B&C's life is a testament to Gun Media's and Mighty Rabbit's skills. I strongly believe if your suggestions were implemented B&C would set themselves apart even further from other franchises, and stand out as a leader in tactical turn-based games.

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I think that one of the devs did have a comment in another thread that this is still a mobile game. I try to always keep that in mind when thinking about improvements I would like. B&C is amazing in its simple mechanics. The fact that it can compete for attention with tactical full PC/Console giants speaks for another level of greatness. I think this game is simply better than Rainbow Six Vegas. Those games lost sight of what they were, B&C fills that void. I would never expect some kind of environmental destruction or things like weapons fire not aligned with gun barrels, those are cosmetic. At its heart this game would still be fun if we were looking at dots moving from room to room, that core gameplay of controlling a squad shines no matter what skin is out on it.

FutureMarine

FutureMarine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I think the perma death would work well as like a new setting, where you can do Hardcore Elimination, Hardcore Defusal, etc. 

And for guns I think we really need new guns. Like a sniper rifle for some of the germany maps. It'd come in handy a lot.

puppyhater

puppyhater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I still want weapon camos to make our guns look cooler. Camos are different than colors by the way.

Good Idea for Multiplayer:
A co-op multiplayer where a team of 2-4 players acts as a team (although four would get a little complex). I think a multiplayer for this game would be through bluetooth with people right next to you, or an online mode with games taking one to two days. An alert comes up when it is your turn to move (kind of like chess or words with friends). It would be cool to play online as a team of two and tactically wipe out oppsing threats.
I ❤ Breach and Clear
Lots of stars
Ranger Level 30

Hman00

Hman00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I think the perma death would work well as like a new setting, where you can do Hardcore Elimination, Hardcore Defusal, etc. 
 And for guns I think we really need new guns. Like a sniper rifle for some of the germany maps. It'd come in handy a lot.

I wouldn't know about Germany cause i still CANT PLAY IT!!!!! :(
🏆Hman00🏆⭐583 Stars⭐
🔥Week 4 Contest Winner🔥

sundevilfanaz

sundevilfanaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
You beat me to the idea of an in game breach method for getting through doors. Other than that a lot of nice things. I would add a couple more things to consider. 1. What about a series of escape missions? Rather than taking down guys, the squad would be required to evade and get to an extraction point while dealing with enemies along the way. Missions can be in water, forests, jungles, etc. 2. What about taking down jungle drug labs for a series of missions? 3. Insertion and extraction methods. Entering or leaving by helo, airplane or vehicle would be a nice touch. 4. How about adding the use of vehicles to the missions? SEALS using their special watercraft would be great fun. There are plenty of upgunned vehicles to enjoy using too. 5. What about multi story buildings for a singular mission? As an example, the mission would require clearing a three story office building to complete. Stairs and elevators could be used. 6. Any thoughts to adding a grenade launcher to some of the weapons? I would love to fire a 40MM at a target that is basically out of reach of the rifles.

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

I definitely like reading this stuff! 

Keep it up guys!

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

sundevilfanaz

sundevilfanaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Here are a couple more thoughts.

What about a cave complex like in Afghanistan where just about all the units included would raid during Tora Bora?

Love the thought of a night vision mission or capability. That would be a lot of fun.

What about defensive toys like tripwires and such to cover your tracks?

How about a stealthy knife only situation?

Would it be feasible to have a takedown in a crowded situation? The soldiers would have to get the enemies while civilian are moving toward them and all around.

Not being a weapons expert but are there any non M4 based weapons that would be a great mix?

sundevilfanaz

sundevilfanaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
One other suggestion I would propose is adding the timer to the screen somewhere. Unless I am missing something, the only way to see how long the mission took is to complete it. At least this way the player could gauge whether they will beat their best time or not.

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Well a phase is abou 4.5 seconds right? It's just easy math each time you hit the breach button...some things are great in their simplicity.

Bunny

Bunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Each turn is 5 seconds - or at least that's how much the timer goes down each turn in Bomb Disposal. 

DannyARW

DannyARW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIreland
I'd always thought was a good idea if you could choose how you would enter the area. For example HALO in from c130 or fly in with a little bird to where you want to breach, point A, B, C etc.

Blackreed

Blackreed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Limited ammo, smoke grenade, reloading, changing stance(duck,prone), ignore enemy option(like frozen synapse).

melloman

melloman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Pause movement or a wait 2-3 seconds option is actually something that I desperately want. Many times I wanted one soldier to throw a flashbang, while another moves in for the kill. But since it takes two seconds to prime and throw the grenade, I usually order my other soldier to backtrack a few spaces before moving forward or move at half-speed to avoid being affected by the blast. I actually backtrack more often than half-speed because moving forward at half speed for the first two seconds potentially exposes the unit while the enemy is still alert. The guy above me has some good ideas too (smoke grenade and ignore enemy).

In any case, great game! Looking forward to new updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users