15 replies to this topic

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Like the Mexico maps, nice graphics, not as open as Germany meaning more decisions regarding arcs of fire and initial set up.

Liking the new headgear and facegear, adds more individuality to your Squads / Troopers.

Also the HP, Speed and Movement rates are a great help when sorting which squad is best suited to which map.

But, (don't want your heads getting too big) I still cant get:

Mk16 Desert Raider and Mk18 Jungle Warfare

oojNmOw.jpg

heron

heron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK
Agree with the new gear, I guess new achievements will be added to reflect the new stars? Talking if which, I still can't get the max level unlocks or Locksmith. Any danger of an eta?

Have to say I'm not loving Mexico but I do like that they're significantly larger and harder than the others. And Escape Plan is fun.

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Didn't like Germany, but like Mexico, must find time to try Escape Plan.

Shouldn't let other people watch you play though.  My wife thinks it's "funny", because I,  Quote "like to dress my dollies"    <_<

oojNmOw.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
It's all great, I pulled virtually an all-nighter to hammer it really hard (much to my wife's disgust, lol!).

I've had a few crashes on the larger Germany levels on the higher difficulties but I suspect that's due to sheer weight of numbers and my slow-ass iPad 2's inability to display that many dead tangos. :-)

I really LOVE the new hats and face items; each guy in my squad now has a truly distinctive look. (I've managed to set aside my discomfort at the thought of going in wearing a beanie rather than a proper helmet.) :-o

Did you notice that you also have a Sellback option now? 8-)

Great work Gun and Mighty Rabbit. The game is truly living up to its awesome potential.

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

never noticed the sell back -- great now I can tidy my inventory -- wife says I have OCD as well  :P

oojNmOw.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I had a massive purge, got rid of everything I'm not using on a regular basis. Much tidier now. :-)

I've got about 600K silver so if I figure if I ever need any of it again, I'll just buy it.

heron

heron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK
Oh yeah the sellback option is just awesome, well impressed with that.

Two things I've found though. Firstly, since I bought the two packs (face and helmets) every time I load the game now it asks me to login to the Apple apps store. Secondly if I use a UAV on an Escape mission the game freezes.

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I bought the packs and I'm not being asked to log in each time. Maybe try an off/on if you haven't already?

I didn't bother with the UAV on the Escape Plan missions. Most of the bad guys are visible anyway and the rest die when they poke their heads out. :-)

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I played a few rounds of Mexico...man, I have to admit.  Just took my squad, and cleared the map with the Mod0 rapid fires...lost a man.  Restarted it, cleared it, man survived....

I hate to say it, but until there is some real challenge, I'm finding my interest starting to fade :(

I need the challenge of permanent death to my men...this is all just practice, practice, practice.

USArmyCavScout

USArmyCavScout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Only thing i dont like about the new update is the escape plan your guys are surronded ever time but maybe 2 and the other 2 cant do a thing and get killed then the other 2 are on opposite sides of map and then shortly are killed after cause they got half health after first round :| new mode needs some balancing

In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power.
-Sun Tzu
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
-General George S Patton

heron

heron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK
I think the new mode is okay, I mean I've got almost all stars on it. I agree its tough, but that's the challenge.

Some advice: fight your guys toward each other in the first couple of rounds; safety in numbers.

USArmyCavScout

USArmyCavScout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMissouri

I think the new mode is okay, I mean I've got almost all stars on it. I agree its tough, but that's the challenge.

Some advice: fight your guys toward each other in the first couple of rounds; safety in numbers.

Yea i know but how do you get them through the first turn when there is 3 guys infront of each of them and 1-2 behind i mean come on.... And i refuse to use difibulaters so reviving is not an option

In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power.
-Sun Tzu
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
-General George S Patton

Gist Hunter

Gist Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

I played a few rounds of Mexico...man, I have to admit.  Just took my squad, and cleared the map with the Mod0 rapid fires...lost a man.  Restarted it, cleared it, man survived....

I hate to say it, but until there is some real challenge, I'm finding my interest starting to fade :(

I need the challenge of permanent death to my men...this is all just practice, practice, practice.

Maybe because I hated Germany so much is why I like Mexico, but I know what you mean about being too easy and Escape Plan takes no thought, just lead your guys to the exit.

The only challenge I find at moment is getting lowest time, but even that is becoming more of a chore than fun.

oojNmOw.jpg

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Glad everyone is enjoying the update :D

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I enjoyed it. :-)

I would like to see Hardcore mode as an option in the future though. One of my other favourite long-term iOS games is Warhammer Quest and that has a true Hardcore mode - if you die you lose your character(s) and all of the uber gear you have accumulated for them. It does help to keep the tension high and the game interesting because one small cock up can have very serious consequences.

As an option, I think a Hardcore mode would suit B&C well. I would also have it so that only a nearby Medic can revive a soldier in Hardcore, making them a more important addition to a squad. At the moment they are largely obsolete because we have "finger of God" revives and the option to put large medpacks on everyone.

It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but if it was only an option, everyone's happy.

wildcard

wildcard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

the new game mode feels like terrorist hunt to me, of course you don't have to kill all the enemies to succeed, but more often than not I eliminate them all then it's a clear way all the way to the extraction point. I would like it if the enemies are coming off map so you won't know where they're coming from like in bomb defusal after you eliminate enemies on map and more enemies coming in. heck you can even have enemies coming from the extraction point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users