What exactly do Half-speed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

sclaoud

sclaoud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Is maybe a misunderstanding from me but i'm confuse about what exactly do the half-speed movement.  

I read somewhere the units shot with more accuracy and do less noise in moving but when i use it, they didn't shoot at all before the end of the move !  Is a bug?

At this moment, maybe a little suggestion to add a new button about fire at free, return fire only and no shooting?

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Half speed does increase accuracy and results in less noise. As for shooting, I'd assume it would be due to not being able to see the targets just yet? Were you able to capture a screen to help on this? 

We're working on a Rules of Engagement option, actually (shhh, don't tell anyone ;).)

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

sclaoud

sclaoud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

(So nice about rules of engagement... i wont tell anyone :ph34r: )

here the picture, a video should be better but i hope you can understand what happens. (from my iPad)  Maybe move the topic in the bug forum for this part.

First, i test it in mission 2 in afghanistan (simple -1 door)

http://imageshack.us...s/196/joo7.png/

Place my mens in half-speed and covering every angles, only 1 tango can see me enter and i used lock pick to take the 2 guys by surprise but non of my mens shot when they walk in.

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

I'm going to ensure the dev team knows about this. 

Thanks for getting this to us!

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I've noticed this too.  My units wont fire at half speed until the end of their path, even walking right past enemy while fully facing them.  They move so slowly, and get cut down without firing back every time.  Makes slow and stealthy approach very difficult.  Normal speed walks into a room and starts shooting anything in the sight lines.  It's much harder to get syncronized firing positions without the ability to adjust speed.

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Yeah, we're working on something to get this balanced properly!

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I was hoping to see this issue improved with the update. Half Speed is still pretty much useless if you are trying to sneak into a room. The operatives just won't react or shoot until they get to the end waypoint and are usually just killed as they stroll leisurely into the open. I really think half speed should increase reaction and accuracy along the whole short movement path.

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

They are still working on it....to be honest with the updates and work we've had to do on bug-fixes, that one was slightly lower on the priority list (honesty is my policy). 

Next update (coming soon ;)), I'll be yelling at them to get this wrapped up! 

But you are correct; reaction and accuracy do get an increase when it works. 

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
No worries! You guys have done such a great job already, this certainly isn't a game breaker. Thanks for the follow up.

themightytruk

themightytruk

• Global Moderator
  • 5 posts

I was hoping to see this issue improved with the update. Half Speed is still pretty much useless if you are trying to sneak into a room. The operatives just won't react or shoot until they get to the end waypoint and are usually just killed as they stroll leisurely into the open. I really think half speed should increase reaction and accuracy along the whole short movement path.

This should be fixed in the latest update.  I tested this on both a dev build and the updated version on the app store and it works fine for me.  I sent my guys in the first Afghanistan mission through the doors at half-speed and they immediately shot and eliminated enemies directly in front of the door and proceeded to the final locations I specified.  This happened on every other map I tried as well, the last Afghanistan map was a good one to test on too.

Basically what the problem before was that a line setting "ableToShoot" to true was missing in code - it's been added to the spot it was missing from.

Is it possible for your case that the vision for your guys was blocked by something, so they weren't shooting?  If you could try doing what I did on the above maps and see if it works for you.  If not, give me any specifics you can with how you're using the half-speed.

Thanks and glad you're enjoying the game!

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Raw 2 Dawg 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Sweet, I'll double check with that approach. Could be my line of sight error clipping a corner. Thanks!

TheRealAzrael

TheRealAzrael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationcolorado

This should be fixed in the latest update.  I tested this on both a dev build and the updated version on the app store and it works fine for me.  I sent my guys in the first Afghanistan mission through the doors at half-speed and they immediately shot and eliminated enemies directly in front of the door and proceeded to the final locations I specified.  This happened on every other map I tried as well, the last Afghanistan map was a good one to test on too.

Basically what the problem before was that a line setting "ableToShoot" to true was missing in code - it's been added to the spot it was missing from.

Is it possible for your case that the vision for your guys was blocked by something, so they weren't shooting?  If you could try doing what I did on the above maps and see if it works for you.  If not, give me any specifics you can with how you're using the half-speed.

Sneaky DEV!!!!!! posting without making yourself known as a true and blue developer of Breach & Clear..... ;) ...... That's okay though, it's awesome that the DEV community is so active on these forums.... it shows with the quality of the game!!!!

1375892486137.jpg

Josephsharpe

Josephsharpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I've been experimenting around with this, using half speed on the first two men through the door to see if they would clear the fatal funnel better, but have had limited success.  I've wondered if some sort of priority setting system would work, or if it would make things too complicated and take some fun out of it.

In the method I was taught, each man goes through the door and along a path determined by the #1 man, who gets to choose his direction.  Each man's target priorities are:

1) the immediate area of the door (to prevent the entire stack from getting stuck in the doorway)

2) his own path of travel (to prevent the guy behind him from running into him)

3) his own range fan, towards the middle of the room and the opposite wall (to address the rest of the hostiles in the room)

Assuming some level of surprise (without which you're pretty much hosed anyhow), the #1 and #2 men should be clearing along the walls as the #3 and #4 men passes through the funnel and engages targets in the center of the room.  I've had difficulty with guys scanning forward and seeing a target, but then adhering to my command to scan towards the center of the room.  They then walk past that target and a point blank shootout ensues.  I had wondered if my ability scores were low enough that they were just failing to pick up the target, or if my range fan commands were taking precedent over addressing targets.

It made me think of Frozen Synapse (which I played a couple times but quit after wishing that it was more like... B&C), that has a command which tells guys to ignore targets during certain move commands.

Last, for the admins, is the Veteran forum going to open soon?  I got out in '03 and would be absolutely fascinated to discuss with more recent vets how MOUT has changed since then.

Buckyman1

Buckyman1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Not a big huge issue but could we get a wait command? Again great work and not pushing you all because your plates are full with bug fixes and producing an android version but it would be cool to have in the future
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-Playto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users