No replies to this topic

ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Hey everyone! 

I'm Ben, your awesome community guy! I'm here reading all of your comments and passing them along to the rest of the team as we navigate from Early Access to full release of Breach & Clear: DEADline, and then some ;). Looking forward to getting involved with the community just as much (if not more) than Breach & Clear. We had an awesome run with Breach & Clear, tons of support and we're hoping to top that with DEADline!

You are probably here because you are interested in, or are playing Breach & Clear: DEADline, a post-apocalyptic twist to tactical/military strategy games that we believe is something quite different than the norm. This thread is here to help give you a basic overview on the game, who we are and what we're doing. If you have more questions, comments and concerns, please feel free to post a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum!

Q: Seriously, what is DEADline?

A: Breach & Clear: DEADline will put you at the helm of a 4-man squad as you tackle post-apocalyptic monsters, crazed gunman and people simply trying to get by. Imagine the world has gone to hell and you and your men are some of the last truly capable fighting men in this situation that can help make a difference. You'll take a more tactical approach with the new Command Mode system that allows you to integrate tactical commands on the fly. Throughout your adventure, you'll carve a path through the decay to a supposed safe area where you can secure not only your family, but every single person that depends on you.

Q: Who is making this game?

A: The development of the game is being handled by Mighty Rabbit Studios. You'll see many of their team on these forums with 'MR' or 'MightyRabbit' tagged in their names. They serve to read this forum and our social media pages to watch what you have to say. We're gonna be working hard to ensure we take your feedback and work with it. If our early pre-alpha is any indication, we'll be busy!

Q: Where can I get the game?

A: For right now? Steam. PC, Mac and Linux.

Q: And how much does the game cost?

A: $14.99 for Early Access. We'll be announcing the full price closer to launch.

Q: What can I do in DEADline that's so cool?

A: The team has been hard at work on Command Mode, a new system that takes the planning phase and action phase from Breach & Clear and creates a seamless 'pause' that allows you to plan several moves in advance. Run into a huge horde of monsters? Command Mode can help you coordinate your team to gain flanking fire, deploy explosives and dispatch them with ease! Get into a gunfight with some local bandits? Plan your moves and take violence of action to stop them before you get stopped yourself! Command Mode lets you take real-time gameplay and pause it, allowing you really strut your stuff.

Q: So what's the story going on here?

A: You'll be in Harbor City, a fictional town on the east coast of the United States. The monsters have infected most of the population and the area has been sealed at great cost. You and your team remained trapped at Ft. Brigg, the last bastion of human civilization within the quarantine zone. Through constant fighting the base is low on supplies, down on capable fighting men and believes that they will not last much longer. You and your team are tasked with clearing a path from Ft. Brigg to the docks on the other side of Harbor City to secure a tanker ship that could potentially house those survivors left standing. Unfortunately, your helicopter ride in is shot down without warning, prompting you and anyone left with an even tougher challenge than previously expected. You'll simply have to press on and clear the way.

Q: What is Early Access? Why go that route?

A: Early Access represents a shot for us to get the game out there and see where things stand with the community. It is a fickle tool for many people on Steam these days..a lot of devs don't get to finish what they start...it is a risk. Sure. Well, Breach & Clear started out with a lot of promises and a lot of hope and by golly we hit those goals. Breach & Clear has a lot of support, a dedicated community and we're going to keep that train rolling strong for DEADline. The game has been in development for only a few months from a small team and while we aren't AAA, we are striving to give you the best possible quality. Early Access gives us a shot to let you guys get even more say, and you can bet your ass we're reading and talking right along with you guys.

Q: So why not just wait for the full release?

A: True, you are playing an unfinished, probably broken-in-a-lot-of-places game, but you won't be paying for the full-price game when it launches as you already own the game in Early Access. You also get to help us make it better by taking funny screencaps of stupid stuff that's broken (while getting to laugh and make funny pictures, that's always a hoot) and you get to know that you are talking to a dev team that has and will continue to interact with its community. We wuv u guys.  If anything, you are more than welcome to get the full release when it comes, but its cool to be with the cool kids in Early Access as we continue the dev cycle!

Q: Why did you sell me an unfinished game?

A: To reiterate the earlier answers; this is an early access game right now. You are not getting a game that is finished. It is missing content, it is buggy in some areas and there will be a lot of updates and hotfixes as we continue development. You get to play a game, notice silly things and point them out to us if we miss them and then we do our darnedest to fix them because we care! Early Access is all about building a relationship between our team and you guys, the people that put faith in us. We're here for you guys!

Q: Is this a premium or F2P title?

A: Premium title. We'll have news on any DLC or micro-transactions, but you can bet that they will be in line with what we did on mobile Breach & Clear (read; customization and map packs or speeding up an already-generous currency system). No pay to win, ever. Ever. Eeeevvvvvvveeerrrrr.

Q: So what am I fighting? Zombies?

A: You are fighting worm monsters; a crazy modified strain of crazy parasitic worms that are able to do a bit more than take over small insects. Not only that, but you are fighting hugely deformed monsters that are wrought with the infectious parasites. Besides taking on the mass of infected monsters, you will have to deal with roving bandits, distrustful civilians and a whole range of people simply trying to survive in an area seemingly abandoned by the rest of the world.

Q: What about guns and customization? Is it like Breach & Clear?

A: We've streamlined things a bit more for customization. You'll find random drops around the map and after finishing missions/quests that give you access to better camo, vests and headgear. Weapons will allow you to choose up to three slots to modify. Our class features have been expanded to where you'll be looking at this game more like an RPG than a tactical shooter. The open-world area hubs will allow for a lot of exploring to give you access to a lot of equipment, so be on the lookout!

Q: Who can I yell at when I have a problem?

A: That'd mainly be me. PM me if you have a serious issue going on about harassment from users or problems with the site. Any and all game related issues please post to the forums in the Early Access Feedback Sub-Forum.

Q: System Requirements?

A:  

Minimum: 

• Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent - 2.3 GHz or higher 
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: nVidia GT 520, Radeon 5450, or equivalent 
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 4 GB available space 

Linux:

• Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent - 2.3 GHz or higher 
  • Graphics: nVidia GT 520, Radeon 5450, or equivalent 

Mac:
  • Processor: Intel based processor - 2.3 GHz or higher 
  • Graphics: nVidia 560M or higher 

Gun Media -Assistant Producer/Community Manager for Breach & Clear www.breachandclear.com www.facebook.com/breachandclear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users